Sunday 18 June 2017

Attack on Titan Anime Discussion (Contains Spoilers)| CarenzaOnBooks

With the final episode of Attack on Titan Season 2 being released to the wider public (via Crunchroll which is how I watch Anime) this Saturday, I thought that this was the perfect time to discuss my love for this Anime. Considering I only started watching Anime on May 24th, I have binge watched rather a lot of it. Attack on Titan is definitely one that grabbed my attention from the beginning. If you read my Yuri on Ice Discussion then you'll know I want to start doing some Anime Discussions. I've only completed these two so far and it may be a while before I complete another as I am literally drowning in college work, but let's forget all that and discuss Attack on Titan. This post will contain SPOILERS for both seasons.

Opening Credits

I commented on this in my Yuri on Ice post, but the Anime industry seriously put Western opening and closing credits to shame. They are a work of art. I really don't understand how someone could skip them, they're too beautiful not to look at.
Attack on Titan also has the best closing credits, in particular the first half of Season 1. I loved getting to see my favourite girl Mikassa.
Something that I have spotted with Attack on Titan is that they have changed the song three times. The first is still the best and I do wish they'd bring it back. 

Opinions

Like Yuri on Ice, I adore Attack on Titan. When I first heard about I assumed I would never enjoy it. I hate blood and guts and gore, but because this is animated and you don't directly see how gruesome it can get, it doesn't bother me as much. 

I find it quite odd how something set in such a terrible world cheers me up. My mum is always telling "there is nothing like watching an apocalypse movie to cheer you up". And she's right. Seeing all these characters suffer in such awful ways makes me forget whatever is on my mind and I become entirely invested in the story. 

Levi is my precious little thing and I adore him. There is nothing like a broody captain, bullying everyone to cheer me up. He's so sassy and puts Eren in his place (which that boy needs). I would be very happy with a Anime series about him. 

I fear this is were the fandom will hate me for saying this, but I'm not the hugest fan of Eren. *waits for the fandom to come for me*. Don't get me wrong, I do like him, it's just st times he can be quite annoying and self-centred. I understand that he's been through a lot, but there are times where I want to scream at my phone (that's what I watch it on) and tell Eren to take a chill pill. Thank God he has Mikasa to look after him.

Every single episode ends on a cliffhanger, which makes it really addictive. You just keep on wanting to know what happens. I feel sorry for those that have had to wait for ages between series 1 and 2.

I'm very excited to see how season 2 ends and I hope the wait between season 2 and 3, if we get a 3, won't be too long as I have so many questions. I also need more of Levi in my life as he is my precious little thing.
Carenza x